Job Type: Permanent
• Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/off loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner.
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing; filing; queries; claims; check costs in accordance with departmental requirements.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
• In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.